Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 2014 Granturismo MC and my trunk will not open.

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Granturismo MC and my trunk will not open. This is the 1st time that it has happened. Please help.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the latch itself with it being defective needing replaced.I have seen the latch fail in the past before cause this issue needing replaced.Unfortunately when the trunk is stuck closed like this here this can require a dealer or lock smith to come out and use their tools to open the trunk to then inspect and replace the latch as needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete