Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Keys locked in trunk, no 85000, 2004 jagu x type, able to

Customer Question

keys locked in trunk
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: no 85000
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2004 jagu x type
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: able to enter car but not trunk
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately when the keys are locked in the trunk like this here this requires either obtaining a replacement key from a dealer or lock smith to gain access to the trunk or to have a lock smith come out and use their tools to see if they can enter the trunk at the rear cylinder.On some models the rear seat back can be removed to access the trunk but in this case on this model I do not see this as an option unfortunately.I wish I had better news for you on this here but these are the only options I see on this model.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete