AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I have a 2008 Range Rover sport SE, today there is a

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Range Rover sport SE, today there is a terrible noise coming from what sounded like the air-conditioner, heater motor in the dash... Started is a light whining noise and then made a terrible low-key loud noise… I turned off the air conditioning and it stopped turned it back on and after a few short minutes it started again so I turned off the air conditioning and it stopped again, then no air cold air, so I turned it off, turned it back on there was cold air but the noise came back so I had to turn it off… Is it the blower motor? I heard that there is a compartment below the motor that catches dirt etc Any ideas, when I said turned off the air conditioning on meaning turning off the entire thing blower included…
Category: Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm in Las Vegas it was 105° today I have a death in the family and I need to get up to Utah sometime tomorrow can I fix this thing myself? Are parts available?
Expert:  Classic Car Service replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. I see that you have been waiting for over three hours for assistance; whilst RR are not my particular specialty, I have worked on several in the used car shop....Please allow me to assist you. You are very correct on your diagnosis; this sounds very much like a bad bearing on the fan shaft motor, or lock of lubrication. Fixing it yourself would require a replacement fan motor; parts are available form RR dealers (I do not think you will find one at NAPA or PepBoys). Replacement of the fan with no experience here could be difficult, at the very least visit a RR dealer service dept and ask one of the techs for advise before you start....they are usually willing to help out a person in dire need.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there and all data info? Diagrams etc.

Sorry, I do not have an All Data subscription. However, if you look under the passenger side of the dash, under the glove box area, you might be able to see the bottom of the heater box. The fan motor fits inside of the heater box. Looking whilst it is making the noise should allow you to see where the noise is loudest. Normally, most heater fan motors are held in by 3 to 4 bolts or screws. Removing them should allow you to remove the fan unit.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I'll take a look

ok

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can tell it's the motor... I went to the dealer and bought a new one, but I can't figure out how to access to the old one… Do you know anyone that has access to all data?

I will pass this info along

Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Are you trying to get the repair data for the blower motor?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a new motor but having a challenge getting to be old one… I have most of the glovebox pulled apart but not sure if I need to take the rest of it out…

Did the link I provided in my previous response help at all?

You will need to remove the glove box and the trim panel below it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tried to open it and it says the address is invalid

Not sure why. The address definitely is valid. I just opened it. I'll make you a new link. If it still won't work, You have to remove the glove box and the trim panel. Then you can easily access the blower motor

RANGE ROVER BLOWER MOTOR

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I had to download an app… Got it do I have to remove the upper and the lower one box or just the lower… I've got the access panel off as it shows in the picture, but not able to completely remove the glove box…

Did you get the trim covering the blower motor removed and the duct moved aside?

Have you gotten the lower box removed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is the Range Rover sport 2008, these pictures don't look right… It is two glove boxes an upper and a lower

Sorry, I have provided you with everything alldata has. I am going to have to opt out in hopes that someone else has something that gives more detailed information.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK thanks for trying
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need the fuse layout for a 2008 Range Rover sport sc, specifically the heater blower motor.....