Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My 2004 endeavor CD player quit working so I removed the

Customer Question

Hi, my 2004 endeavor CD player quit working so I removed the radio from the dash to get the CD's out. After replacing the radio I can no longer power up the radio, the multi display says entertainment is off. Radio will not turn on!
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: The 20 amp fuse is OK
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have researched about resetting the code but have not found them yet. And if I had the code how do I input it to a dead radio
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The radio was working normally before I removed the unit
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Was anything electrical tampered with in the radio when you removed the cd's that may have caused this issue here when you reinstalled it?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I turned the key on while radio was out
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

This shouldnt have caused an issue here unless some kind of code set with the radio out that has disabled a signal to the radio now.Have you have the fault codes checked to see if any are set using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers?

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this here myself.We can continue here still if you like just let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No the Mitsbishi site only went to 2002
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k.,do you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical?

Does your model have the 6 speaker or 7 speaker system?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a meter. I have the model and serial numbers. No steering wheel buttons
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k.,one more thing.If you open the drivers door there should be a label in the door jamb on what month and year your model was built as well as other info on this label.Can you look at this and tell me what month and year it was built.It may show something like 10/03 or similar.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
April 2003
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k.,you should have 3 power feeds to your radio.The colors are hard for me to see but at pins 14,21 and 20 there are 3 power inputs with the key on.

One looks to be red/white wire,one green/white or gray/white wire and the other It doesnt show me.Let me know if you have all 3 power inputs and we can continue.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

In your relay box check fuse 23 (10 amp) fuse as well as 22 (15 amp) fuse and 20 (7.5 amp ) fuse.If any of these are blown the affected fuse needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The radio is installed now. I need to remove it again?? There are two plugs at the back, is that the wires you refer to?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you get me the codes?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Yes these would be the plugs at the back of the radio.Unfortunately I do not have access to the code for the radio on this model here.I know some have to be calibrated by a dealer after it is installed and turns on.I would focus on getting it to turn on first and see if you even need the code to get it to work properly again.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

In some cases a dealer can get you the code at no charge if you show them proof of ownership and a photo ID.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will pull the radio tomorrow. How do I continue this thread?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

You can save this link above to this web address for this question to your favorites and return that way or come back through the emails that were sent to you on this here.

Thanks Pete