Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Seriously upset 😕 my light has been on for a couple of

Customer Question

Seriously upset 😕 my ***** *****ght has been on for a couple of weeks, I've not driven everyday until Monday when I went back to work after illness. Car is/was booked in for Monday.
So, typically, on the way home, the red light comes on & the suspension falls flat (at the back) I stick to 30mph or lower & stop at next available point. Back tyre is flat again (had a prev puncture repair 3 weeks ago)
Am I going to need to remortgage to fix it? It's had one owner before me, I don't drive it hard, get 28 to the gallon & I love it, or I did. Now feeling very sad & anxious...help!
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Hi im kevin im assuming its the yellow suspension light thats on ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Was
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Ok normally on these the suspension compressor is the cause .the compressor has to be replaced with an updated part and the vehicle software updated to prevent further issues this is a common failiure

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What sort of price is this?
Is there anyway I can tell? Eg can I ask to see the diagnostic?
I imagine I'll need it towing now too! Argh!!!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, is there just one compressor? Or one on all wheels?
Forearmed is forewarned after all...
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Just one compressor .There will be a code listed in car with the description pump resevoir filling too slowly .you will need to have car plugged in to confirm .from memory its around £800 but you need to mank sure an amk compressor is fitted and software is updated otherwise you will have further issues down the line

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh goody, it's going to be a drive ornament then
Have a good night Kevin
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news please rate my service and let me know how you get on