Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

The car is 2001 Bentley Azure convertible. The convertible

Customer Question

The car is 2001 Bentley Azure convertible. The convertible is not working and i hear a beep and a light comes on. I've checked all the fuses and relays and they are good. Also the motor works if i ground the relay. Where do I go next
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to an internal electrical fault with a limit switch/position sensor.Your model should have a few of these and if one is sending an incorrect signal on what position the roof is in this will cause a fault like this here.

You will need to have the fault codes checked/read out using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and correct this issue here.The scan tool is also used to monitor the position sensors to help locate one that may be at fault needing replaced.It is possible it is another component at fault like the ecu or wiring but usually it is one of these sensors that will cause this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete
Thank you for replying, but this car doesn't have a computer to control the convertible like most cars. I was wondering if you can send me a wiring diagram or aplication of switches and relays
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not have a diagram of this here myself but someone else here might.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete