Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Check engine light is on came up code PO446. Wanting

Customer Question

Check engine light is on came up code PO446. Wanting location of fix if possible
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Staying on
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2001 Isuzu trooper
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and nothing yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, put the new timing belt and water pump in and clean the port for the EGR valve
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the cannister cut valve (canister closed valve) to see if it is stuck closed. The cannister cut valve is normally open and should only close when energized. Cycle the cannister cut valve on and off several times using power and ground and if it ever sticks closed when not energized it should be replaced. Blow through the vent hose from the cannister cut valve toward the filter and if there is resistance to flow repair the restriction or replace the restricted filter. Canister close valve is located on canister under vehicle. Here is also info from manual for code, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.