Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I need to verify the stop & start button from my Ferrari

Customer Question

Hello , I need to verify the stop & start button from my Ferrari California
Category: Car
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My stop & start from my Ferrari California is showing a failure , how can I fix this?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you only seeing this when the button is pressed?

Have you tried the button with more then one key/remote in your possession at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when I start the engine ...
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

If you only have one key/remote and this occurs when the button is pressed in most cases this is not the button itself at fault.Most of the time it is a low battery issue in the remote needing replaced or a defective remote/key needing replaced.

I would have the remote battery tested and replaced as needed first.If this is o.k. I suspect the remote is the cause and would need ordered in from a dealer for your specific vehicle and replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just to understand , what does have to do the start & stop failure with the key remote ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the message appears on my TFT when I start the engine with the key.. could you please explain me if this is happening because my key remote has a low battery issue?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

I apologize,is your key starting the vehicle?

Does your vehicle have the option to be started with the key or the start button?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
with the start button ( engine start) in the wheel ... not remotely.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

O.k.,if the key starts the vehicle properly then the battery may be o.k. in the remote but I have seen weak batteries in some remotes cause this issue.

If this is o.k. then this can be a fault with the start/stop button itself or the control module/ecu for the start/stop function.I have read on some cases with the module having issues or loose electrical connections needing corrected.

I would have the battery checked first then if o.k. then the fault codes need read out of all computers in your model to see what codes are set and those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.You may need a new start/stop button or module for this issue here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure if you got my question...
there's an option that I can call u ?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately I am unable to accept or place a call on this here myself.

Can you repost what other question you were asking here?

Did you get my reply above at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the thing is that I'm not sure if we are talking about the same issue
I'm referring to the stop & start function on my ferrari california
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you thought I was referring to my remote key
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

I do understand what your saying.You have a start/stop function in your vehicle to start and stop the engine if it is used.

This button or function has to read the remote key in order to work.So if the remote key has an internal fault or low battery you will see the start/stop warning since they both work together.

The other issue is a fault with the stop/start button itself needing replaced or the control module for the stop/start function at fault needing replaced.

You would need to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set with a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model as any codes that are set in any of the computers in your model will help with diagnosing and repairing the fault here.

Thanks Pete