Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

1998 land rover discovery tdi how much damage can be caused

Customer Question

1998 land rover discovery tdi
how much damage can be caused to the fuel pump and injectors by the motor severely over heating and then being hosed down
i will happly pay $30 australian dollars to prove that the pump and injectors could not be repaired other wise i am throwing awway money i canot afford as my manachic does not recognise the when he did not re install the radiotator hoses and over heated the motor that it caused no damadge to the articles and i am up for a new articles and labourat this stage iam behind the 8 ball
i need to evidance no one wants to answer i need a yes or no to find out that it would stop the pump from proforming moore than 50% and pumping out fuel and smoke (a new reco motor) with thanks allen kann
Category: Car
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So as far as overheating goes, it will cause severe damage to the tdi. Usually the head will warp and Pistons get scalded. I've not had any issues with injectors and pumps getting damaged but the lift pump will as its a mechanical pump on the side of the motor and the diaphram in it gets damaged. I've he'd 2 late 90's discoveries in here in the past 3 months becouse of being overheated. Both I had to put heads on and both needed pistons and honed cylinders. But I've never had to do an injection pump or injectors. Sorry.
But let me ask you, is it not running? Or running really bad? It likely blew the head gasket and I bet warped the heads.I'm sorry I can't confirm the injection pump and injectors for you tho.However if the injection pump is smoking after he overheated it then he probably did ruin it. If it got extremely hot and water was poured on it,it can cause metal fatigue and warping and cracking. That is possible.Let me know if this helps or if you need more information.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny

do you still need help with this? please let me know.