Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, Bachelors Degree in Automotive Technology, Automotive Technician for 5 years

My 2006 LR3 is showing a transmission fault with limited

Customer Question

My 2006 LR3 is showing a transmission fault with limited gears available (which means none) it was working fine yesterday. There was a downpour last night and the skylight was partially open so the center console got soaked. Won't move from park
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric Gardner replied 3 months ago.

So, there are a lot of switches and contacts that can go bad after the center console gets soaked. In my experience, so long as it is just water there is a good chance that after the water evaporates everything will return to normal. Later in the life of the vehicle there is a real possibility that corrosion can happen within those circuits/switches/contacts which could cause problems later on.

I would leave the windows open and let the vehicle dry out.

If the vehicle doesn't return to normal then I would have a Land Rover dealer have a diagnostic procedure performed. Either way the fix shouldn't be very costly, as I can safely say that the fault is because of the fact that there was water intrusion.