Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

How do I open the engine compartment on a 82 Mondial if the

Customer Question

how do I open the engine compartment on a 82 Mondial if the pulling cable does not work?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hello

if the cable has stretched but not broken then I'd suggest to use some mole grips or other heavy duty pliers to grip the cable just behind the plastic pull handle in the cabin and pull on the cable directly with the pliers

at the same time have your assistant press lightly down on the cover in the area of the latch to take pressure off the lock and encourage it to release

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you