Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I was talking to one of the tech guys cant remember which

Customer Question

i was talking to one of the tech guys cant remember which one about my 2001 audi tt 1.8l turbo.i explained that i had just finished a valve job and was not able to get the car started.i explained that there is good spark,and good fuel pressure up to the injector fuel rail put on injector pulse to open the injectors.i have replaced the crank sensor,the cam sensor,all the plugs timing belt making sure to line up all timing marks,double checked all the grounds ,electric plug ins,and still no luck starting the car.i have spent over $30.00 and still have no results to show for it.if possible i still need your help,if you are unable to help any further i would like a refund as per your warranty.
Category: Car
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So I'm not sure who you talked with before but I will try to help if you want.So if you have spark then it's not a sensor problem. The ecm reads the cam sensor to know when to make it spark and activate the injectors.The ecm supplies power to ea injector but they all have a common ground.
My guess is a ground was left off.
But do this, check terminal 1 of the injector harness for good ground and verify that terminal 2 has or doesn't have power pulsing from the ecm and let me know what you find.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
mr.sonny; i have discovered that the tech. that was helping me with my problem name is ***** ***** not sure how it all works when more then one tech gets involved in trying to help solve a problem, but please understand,i cant afforded to pay for two techs trying to solve the issue with my car.so as much as i am thankful for you help i am not sure how to proceed .
Awe gotcha. Is your other request still open? Or have you accepted an answer from him yet? If so you can post on that message again. But I'm not sure how to get this thread to him specifically.
Let me know if you want me to opt out.
By the way you don't pay anything till you accept an answer. Till then the funds stay in your account