Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Code 21 0n a 1999 Isuzu trooper all wheel drive 3.5 liter

Customer Question

code 21 0n a 1999 Isuzu trooper all wheel drive 3.5 liter
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.

Hi .

How did you get this code .with a scan tool or manually ..

Greg

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Manually. I have a snap on Modis that will not communicate with the transfer case
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.

okay so this is a transfer case code ?

Greg

Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.

And what issue are you having ?

please explain problem also please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It actually seems to work ok but the rear of the four wheel drive indicator light are flashing and then it starts flashing the red check light under the four-wheel-drive symbols
Expert:  Greg replied 7 months ago.

Okay not sure on your model will opt out and see if another expert can help you .

Sorry

Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

i will give you a wire diagram and tests for the 21 code,,

i would think that you either have bad wiring or the computer itself is bad,,sense the solice you have wont read it,,it may in fact be the cecu

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ras05qojjejkfln/0721-trooper-deviates%20from%20the%20standard%20range.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/ras05qojjejkfln/0721-trooper-deviates%20from%20the%20standard%20range.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help