sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a 2007 Suzuki XL7 went to get in it yesterday and

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Suzuki XL7 went to get in it yesterday and couldn't unlock the door with the button had to use the key...when I put the key in the switch and tried to start it wouldn't start and now the key will not even come out...there is no power to any thing on the lights can't unlock the doors..nothing...what could cause this
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You could have a cable, connection or power distribution issue but odds are you just have a dead battery. If battery connections are clean and tight then the first thing I would recommend is trying a jump start (not always reliable), swapping in a known good battery, or having this battery load tested. Most big chain parts stores and even Wal-Mart will load test batteries for free.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I get to the's different then any other vehicle I've had

It's under the plastic cover which is under the engine controller, the large module with two large electrical connectors. You'll need to remove/raise this cover to expose the battery.