Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Bought a Bentley from auction without a key. Ordered key

Customer Question

Bought a Bentley from auction without a key. Ordered key from Bentey but say they can't program the key because the car computer doesn't match what Bentley says it should be so the programing won't work. Now they're saying I have to replace two computers and ignition and will cost about 14k. Please help
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the computers were replaced before the auction and do not match or an ignition component was swapped out and does not match then unfortunately this has to be done in order to get the key to work and the vehicle to start again.I have had to do this on several models in the past before unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete