Brian Barr
Brian Barr,
Experience:  head tech at Jrs Automotive Sales and Service
77864063

2002 saturn L200 passenger side front tire area produces a

Customer Question

2002 saturn L200 passenger side front tire area produces a load clicking sound when the brakes are depressed. more so when brakes are tapped or depressed lightly. when brakes are pushed hard I dont think i hear anything. the clicking sound, turns into more of a grinding sound has you slower approach a complete stop.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: definitely the passenger side front wheel well area. for about a yr. getting louder and louder. prior to that a shop had to redo the front axle and other components in that area due to the car going off the road and hitting the passenger side tire with a blow directly into the side of it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I HAVE TO LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR ABOUT 2.5 HOURS NOW. I WILL CHECK HERE AND MY EMAIL, ***@******.*** as soon as I get home.
thanks,
Kelly (###) ###-####
Expert:  Brian Barr replied 4 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you. I would start with checking the wheel bearing for play seems to me you may have a bad bearing.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i don't work on cars, what can i expect this to cost if it is that? ball park range?

Typically depending on the labor rate of the shop you go to it is a 2 hr job the bearing needs to be pressed out. Bearing itself might be about $50 should be $200-$300 to replace.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks

No problem please leave positive feedback. If you wan to check wheel bearing play yourself Jack which ever side you think the sound is coming from and wiggle left to right and up and down to feel any play. Thank you

Brian