Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

I am a automotive tech looking to buy a 2010 Dodge Ram 2500

Customer Question

I am a automotive tech looking to buy a 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 SLT single cab with a 5.7 and automatic. It has 150000 miles. What should I be looking at and potential problems? Doe that have MDS?
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. First off it does have MDS. As far as potential problems, look for exhaust leaks at the exhaust manifolds. Sometimes the bolts break. Start it cold and listen for leaks. Check and see if it has the timing chain recall. I can look it up if you send me the VIN number. We see fuel level sending unit failures on some of these trucks. Other common issues are failed power door lock actuators. Other than those things it is a pretty solid truck. No major engine or transmission problems as long as it was well maintained.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

I hope this helps, and if so, please don't forget to take a minute and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I get no credit for doing this unless you do. If you have any follow up questions, I can still continue to help you even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you ever received my answer/reply? I have not heard back from you.

Chris