Gene
Gene, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 25 years experience, Ford Trans Tech/SMT, Toyota, Mitsubishi,Hyundai Tech.
285738

My 2003 hyundai elantra dash works fine but we cant see the

Customer Question

my 2003 hyundai elantra dash works fine but we cant see the speed we are doing, the needle stays at 0km/hr and also the miledge stays the same as if your not moving but actually are going like 100km/hr and mileage not changing any higher...
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: about a week now
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im sure i will fix it as i do all the work on the cars but trying to specify the cause
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not really beside the fact we did the etest today and the dash started once again doing the issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gene replied 6 months ago.

Hello, if the speedometer and odometer arent working, Id suspect an issue with the vehicle speed sensor on the transmission. Inspect the wiring to the vehicle speed sensor on the transmission rear side by the firewall where the halfshafts go in, If the wiring looks intact to the VSS. A diagnostic scan tool can monitor its input to verify it has no operation. Remove and replace the vss sensor and retest its operation

Expert:  Gene replied 6 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  Gene replied 6 months ago.