Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

2003 Hummer H2 blows 10A HVAC/ECAS fuse as soon as the fuse

Customer Question

2003 Hummer H2 blows 10A HVAC/ECAS fuse as soon as the fuse is inserted. No lights on HVAC control panel on dashboard--won't turn on. This seems to be a live short. How do I go about tracing down the problem component?
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 months ago.

Hello, do you have air suspension? also, what do you mean by no lights, can you reword that

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have air suspension. The buttons on the hvac control have lights (and function/dim with other dash lights), however the "screen" that displays temp/fan speed/etc is blank--as if the a/c is turned off. No change when pressing the power button.

that fuse only sends battery power to the HVAC control panel and sends battery power to the airsuspenion module, That is it,. No way for me to say where the fault may lie, It could the air module or the HVAC module. The HVAC module is removed after center consol is removed, the air modul is at the back of the truck, underneathe back by rear bumper persay, I would unplug the air module first, see if fuse blows, If it does? then will need to unplug the HVAC modul. if no blow? then HVAC module is bad, They have had known issues with the HVAC module. Wiring? kind of doubt it but possible, Its the orange wire to both modules that derives from the fuse