Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

No powertrain DTCs or Freeze Frame Data is presently stored

Customer Question

No powertrain DTCs or Freeze Frame Data is presently stored in the vechile's computer' according to my INNOVA OBD II diagonistic tool when connected to my car
JA: Have you checked the spark plugs? When was your air filter last changed?
Customer: No not checked the park plugs, Got the used car in Feb not changed the air filter yet.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Mecedes Benz C300 2009 4matic
JA: What year is your Benz C300?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I dont know what to do looking for help
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just some vibration on the wheel when I start to accelerate atimes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

You have a bad axle cv joint, this causes the vibration while accelerating and is a fairly common problem. You would need to determine which axle is the problem by removing them and feeling how they move by hand. You have 4 axles, but if you feel the vibration in the steering wheel its going to be one of the front axles. You could just replace both and this would guarantee the fix. Also recommend oem axles, as some aftermarket axles are not the right size.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have. Thanks Dan