Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I have an 2005 Bentley gt and the battries are down and the

Customer Question

I have an 2005 Bentley gt and the battries are down and the key is stuck in the ignition wheres the release switch to open trunk
JA: Has the battery died recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: looking for release lever to open trunk
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's it car wont start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.

Hello

There are two ways to do this.

Remove the right rear seat cushion, and seat back. You will find a lever, that is the manual release for the trunk.

The other way - used in a complete / full emergency where the release lever is broken - is use a large suction cup, such as used by body repairers... a "dent puller" type device... sucked onto the taillights and believe it or not, they will pull out. This is a tech tip from a Bentley employee I know - I have to say, I have never had to do this personally - but its there if you want to do it ! ;)This will provide access to the main battery, and start battery.

another option is to try an charge the battery up

you should be able to do this via the cigarette lighter / accessory socket. You'll need the appropriate attachment for your charger but car accessory shops sell these- Alternatively if you can't get into the car/ boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under the front.

Locate the starter motor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive battery charger lead to this terminal

then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block

This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car

Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you