Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

I have a power steering gear of my cls class 2012. i have

Customer Question

hello
i have a power steering gear of my cls class 2012. i have replace and open it but it dont work to my car. did this make scn coding or need to put in grade ( i mean to timming or phase)
thank you
Submitted: 11 months ago via Mitchell1DIY.
Category: Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P. replied 11 months ago.

can you give me your vin?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello
VIN number of the car that i want to mount power stering is: WDDLJ7DB6CA028016.
the vin number of the car that i have remove power steering is: WDDLJ7DB1EA100503in the attach are some picture of the power steering.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 11 months ago.

ok thanks i am looking over the info now.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 11 months ago.

ok so there is no coding that needs to be done, have you checked for power at the bog red wire at the steering motor? and ground at the brown wire?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hellothe power are ok 12Vthis power steering in the first we mount in vehicle 2012 and it work after we have remove electrical motorr with red circle in picture, and when we mount for the second time id dont work. it try to rotate but can not. may be it want to timming or make in phase.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 11 months ago.

do you have a scanner to check fault codes?

there is a possibility that the system has a fault code .

Expert:  Lou P. replied 11 months ago.

there is no timing procedure for us because we cannot get the motor separate from the rack.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello
tomorrow i will make scan to car because now is late here all are off works.
do you know or can you ask someone if this want timing procedure.thank you see tomorrow, i will send you fault code
Expert:  Lou P. replied 11 months ago.

we dont have instructions for timing and we dont offer a replacement motor stand alone so we do not have a means to time it, the motor is just a motor, the sensors are in the head of the rack so removing the motor should not matter any,.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 11 months ago.

did you figure it out did you still need help?