Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I he a 2005 Isuzu NPR and there is oil going in coolant. I

Customer Question

Hello. I he a 2005 Isuzu NPR and there is oil going in coolant. I replaced the oil cooler already and flushed out the cooling system ,but still see oil in antifreeze
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?
Customer: No overheating and no leaks.
JA: What is the model of your '05 Isuzu?
Customer: NPR with 5.2 Diesel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I`m a mechanic and trying to figure out what causes this problem. First time I replaced the cooler O rings and flushed out the system. The second time I replaced the whole cooler and flushed out the cooling system. This is happening every few moths the oil in antifreeze starts to look more and more.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I`m thinking a head gasket or the turbo charger. What do you thing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Roy replied 5 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

how did you flush the system??

Roy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hot water pressure washer from heater hoses, from radiator cap and coolant bottle. I did that with the engine running and spent each time about one hour till it came out clean water, then a drained it and filled up with antifreeze
Expert:  Roy replied 5 months ago.

a lot of times the oil stays in the block. the one way we flush it all is to remove the thermostat, use water and use all powdered dish washer soap and let it run for about an hour, then drain and re fill with coolant.

it sounds like you found the issue but need to rid the oil from the cooling system

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 5 months ago.

how are you making out