Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2000 Landrover rangerover se. My doors will not

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Landrover rangerover se. My doors will not open and car will not start. I have had a problem with locks locking themselves for some time and front passenger door will not open from outside. I have ignored b c I use only for my dogs. but now locked out and car will not makes a funny sound in engine area and light flash.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: brand new....
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I cant get it owed bc of where it is on my property.. will have to get someonetocome here to fix but trying to diagnose
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I believe I can help on this concern which all others have passed on. Though I see you have waited a long time do you want or still need help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have I have already been charged to

Do you own 12 volt testing tool so we can diagnose the no crank issue?

When you say the doors will not open, are you saying none of the doors interior or exterior door handles nor power locks work?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
nothing works. Battery is good.

So I assume since you are locked out form the doors not able to open we first must slim jim a door, correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I had windows down.

Remove the starter relay under the hood. Are there 2 pins there with 12.6 volts?

Under the right front seat see if all of these fuses are good and have battery voltage # ***** 9, 12, 14, 15, 22?