Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Temperature is hot while car is in idle

Customer Question

temperature is hot while car is in idle
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE master tech, glad to help you out with this.

Check that both cooling fans are operating at idle. They should always be on low when the ac is on, they should cycle at idle.

If you dont have fans, you would have the temp hot only at idle.

Check the fuses for the fans. If they are blown you probably have a fan motor that is drawing excessive current and will need to be replaced.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan