Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

They have stipped the cam bolt and used a #5 bolt to

Customer Question

They have stipped the cam bolt and used a #5 bolt to reconnect the assembly have*****and tire tilts inward
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is this the first time you're dealing with this issue?
Customer: 100290
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Santa fe 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have not done anything had a mechanic look at it and he said it was not safe to drive but the dealer is trying to ut the problem on it is an old car but the tech stripped the bolt not sure what to do
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The tech used a power wrench and you can see where he ate up the frame and the bolt bent the frame some what the holds the toe and cam assembly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
they were supposed to do a wheel alignment and the rear driver side is where they stripped the cam bolt the tire tilts inward at top I do have pictures.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

It is not safe to drive. That #5 bolt is not rated for the stress put on it and will likely break and cause the spindle with the wheel attached to either collapse inward or flop outward depending upon if you are turning and which direction you are turning when it decides to break.

A new cam bolt is around $25 and a shop can get one in about 3 days when ordering. You should not drive it until a new cam bolt is installed

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will need you to call on home phone number(###) ###-####no cell service
Expert:  Roy replied 5 months ago.

do you still need help

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 5 months ago.

are you there