Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have brake light on, park brake auto unavailable, trans

Customer Question

i have amber brake light on, park brake auto unavailable, trans failure , hoc failure and susp lowering. 2007 range rover 4.2 sc
JA: Is the ABS light on? Have you noticed any squealing or grinding noises during braking?
Customer: no abs no grinding,
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, new brake switch, checked bulbs in rear to make sure they were LR bulbs, one running light looks a orange instead of red but it looks like correct bulb, check pads and brake sensor they don't look to be faulty nor are they touching rotor. gonna replace them tomorrow
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it did it intermittent a few times before but went away with a drive, now it is constant
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Not many techs online today and we are busy busy. Sorry for the long delay. I believe I can help on this concern if you still want or need help?

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yea I'm drawing a blank

Looking over this now.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Brake fluid level is good. Are you familiar with Land Rover.

Do you have a scan tool to see which codes are stored?

Yes I am familiar with LR's

Are there any symptoms noticed while driving other than the lights and warning messages?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There are no codes stored. I have a fan circuit high code but that is from before this issue. The cluster is saying trans failure, hdc failure unavailable , and suspension lowering. Only diff while driving is trans isn't shifting normal have to use sport mode. The amber brake light is on. Had it at the dealership and they checked fluid in trans and it was good.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Any idea?

What kind of scan tool are you using. It is odd not one module has related codes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a cheap code reader. Shop I had it at didn't pull any codes other than fan circuit as well

Your going to need a dealer equivalent tool. Generic tools can only get engine related codes and none of your warnings are engine related.

The brake light is going to come on from and low brake fluid concern or the parking brake switch.

The trans failure comes on when trans codes are stored. Based on the symptoms you mentioned about the sport mode, that can be a failure within the valve body or TCM.

The other 2 warnings are to vague to even make an educated guess.

We need more info from the vehicle to get better information to resolve this.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris