Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My left headlight is pointing outwards to the left into

Customer Question

My left headlight is pointing outwards to the left into oncoming traffic..they flash ther high beams at me thinking I have on my brights..Id like to know how to align tht back to the right a bit so its not pointing into ther view..
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2013 KIA Optima
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes..Ive adjust the up n down adjustment screw but it still point outward..
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: How to adjust tht..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.

Here are the instructions for aiming the headlights. The easiest thing to do is park about 10 feet from a wall (your garage door work nice) and turn the headlights on and then aim as described here:

Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.

Some models of the optima have an "auto headlight leveling module". If yours has this device it might be a good idea to take it in to a dealer. The auto leveling device can't be serviced or adjusted without a Kia Scan tool.

Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.

If yours has the auto leveler you will still be able to aim the headlights from left to right as described, but up and down will be difficult.

Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.

I wanted to see if you need any more help with this one.

Please let me know if you do.

Don't forget to rate if you no longer need assistance.