Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Please help me, my remote has stopped locking my doors and I

Customer Question

please help me, my remote has stopped locking my doors and I don't know how to fix this. I need a step by step instruction on this can you please help or tell me where I can get a manual or can you give me one to download
Category: Car
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, what year , make and model are you referring to?

and how many remotes do you have?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

2002 jeep grand Cherokee it did work till grandson pushed a couple buttons on it. It self locked and I could lock with the clicker. This also has a remote starter with it and it does work, from the number on the back it says 7352L series Avtial it takes 1 AA baterry

Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.

ok so that is not a factory remote, no worries, so at any time a system like that is installed there should be a small flip switch or small button under or near the drivers side dash near the foot area, can you find and look for this switch?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.

we will see if we can reset the module, if that does not work we may need to look for a blown fuse in the wiring which should also be under the drivers side of the dash.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I will have to go outside and see , I am writing on my home computer. I was wanting a step by step instruction so I could take outside with me. I am 62 and trying to do this. Please work with me on this lol

Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.

ok no worries, i am here to help, ill explian on my next text

Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.

sorry for the typo, so if you find the button , turn the key on in the ignition, then press and hold the button, maybe for about 10 seconds, the car should beep or there should be a red led light that flashes and sticks on steady, then turn the key off, see if the locks now work, then turn the ignition on and do the same again , then see if the locks work.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

ok there is stuff under there like a blk box I think goes to the remote start, but all I found was the bracket it was held by. Do the doors have to be on lock or unlock when you try different things. there are two ways to lock the drivers side.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.

the doors dont matter, we are looking to just turn the alarm off and then on to see if it resets the lock system. if not there may be a blown fuse in the wiring down there. if you dont see anything you can go to best buy and have them inspect it.