Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles

I have a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee imported to Europe from

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee imported to Europe from the US and drive to Spain.. Last week over the mountains noticed a lack of power continued my journey.. Next morning .. solid yellow engine light and backfiring with exhaust smoke.. drove the car for twenty miles .. poer not as it should be.. Please can you advise
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 40,000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Driving conditions were hot and as i said mountains
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Many thanks

Hey , is there a way to get these fault codes scanned ?

that check engine light is on for a fault, I know you are traveling , but we need fault codes

if not

I m thinking low mileage and jeep, I m wondering if the fuel you are using has less octane then we have here and pcm learns the fuel mix

that is just guessing , the first thing if you can is pull the spark plugs & coil and check the spark plug you can look at it and tell, the ignition coil u need a voltmeter and read the resistance on all and compare if one don't match , replace

is the check engine light on or flashing?

describe the smoke ,white , black ?

please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech

Check all the vacuum lines and air boot from mass air flow to throttle body

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The yellow engine light is solid.. The exhaust i believe is white .
Maybe i should visit local dealer here in the US and pick up leads and plugs and take to Spain for a local mechanic to fit ..What do you think?thanksPatrick

check this out

go to

you can download the 2013 jeep software in form of an app to ur smart phone,

go to amazon and buy A wireless OBDII plug

so you phone becomes the scanner, read me the faults after you replace the coils and the plugs if that did not take care of it , definitely buy the whole set of coils and plugs

if you have issues you can run a scan and that software is almost what i have at my shop scanner as far as capability of communicating with all jeep modules.

then you just post another question here and i will answer you

Defenietly tune parts , i like to tell you fuel filter but this one is part of fuel pump assembly

I will buy one and take with me , just in case they don t have one in Spain or probably;y have to wait to get it

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is the car okay to drive so long as the yellow engine light is solid ?Thanks

yes solid , but not flashing, try not to until change parts

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

If you like to request me in the future for a different problem , just start your new Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY ORCustomerONLY)

good luck

let me know

I m online daily 10 am till 12 pm

Chad (jhook1398)