Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a Mazda MPV 2001 and got these codes today: P1512,

Customer Question

I have a Mazda MPV 2001 and got these codes today: P1512, P1250, and P0481. I can't tell that they are related, but the check engine lite didn't come on until today. Is that something I need to fix immediately, or not... an aside, my radio also started acting up! Don't know if they are related or not, either.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: yes, battery fairly new
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've not tried anything yet. I'm not in a position to fix it myself right now. Just recovering from knee replacement.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** most likely a bad program in your computer, and Mazda has a updated software program to fix these, does the negine run good, just has the codes?