Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

2007 Suzuki XL7 93,500 miles. What would cause the A/C to

Customer Question

2007 Suzuki XL7 93,500 miles. What would cause the A/C to blow really cold on 64-65 no matter what fan speed I put it on but when I move it to 66 or higher it will blow hot air. I took it to a local mechanic and he told me that I needed to take it to a Suzuki dealer and have the A/C door motors recalibrated I took it to a Suzuki dealer and they recalibrated all of the motors on their computer (twice). It still did the same thing. There are no codes and the mechanic told me that he did not have any idea what is causing the problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

These have an upper and lower intake air temp sensor. I can't seem to find a diagram of their locations, however if one is failing this could happen. Over time they get covered with dirt, dust and other microscopic particles and don't function properly. Basically they send the wrong info to the control unit and it will cause it to do this. I would ask that these be tested as they can fail and not leave any codes. Basically the computer is pleased as long as it sees info. It's not smart enough to know if it's wrong or not.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Hi there

I hadn't heard back so I thought I would follow up and see if you needed any further assistance with this?