Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager

2000 bmw320i temp gauge reads hot but engine is not very

Customer Question

2000 bmw320i temp gauge reads hot but engine is not very hot. Want check temperstat . Where is it located
Submitted: 4 months ago via Mitchell1DIY.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

The thermostat is at the front of the engine, where the hoses go in. Please see attached diagram.

Coolant thermostat is integrated in coolant thermostat housing and can only be replaced as a single unit.