Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2004 santa fe and the engine light came on. I got

Customer Question

I have a 2004 santa fe and the engine light came on. I got the code P0500 vehicle speed sensor. My question is will low transmission fluid cause that or do I just have a bad sensor?
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: About a year ago.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm hoping to fix it myself. I haven't tried anything yet. I just found out it was low on fluid.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** fluid would not cause this code, this most likely means the vehicle speed sensor has failed. Here is a picture to help you locate, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe4x0vk99jzil6b/vsse.pdf?dl=0