John, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant, 22 years professional experience
19563796

Drive light is flashing, is this a problem? The light is

Customer Question

Drive light is flashing, is this a problem?
JA: Does the light flash and then stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: The light is just blinking.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2016 Mitsubishi Mirage
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: On a trip and have just stopped, would not know how to fix.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Been on the highway for 6 hours, one previous stop for gas. No other indications of a problem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is John.

Typically when the 'Drive' light flashes it indicates a fault code is stored in the transmission computer for a transmission fault. Unfortunately, I cannot guess which of the possible faults are making the light come on. If you can have the transmission codes read I can provide information about them. In the mean time, if you are not noticing any problems with the way your car is driving then the problem must be one that the transmission computer can work around to keep you going until you can have it checked.

Please let em know if I can do anything further to help.

Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Sorry, please let me know if I can do anything further to help.