Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

I have a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo V6 that is bogging down and will

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo V6 that is bogging down and will not accelerate. I can baby it up to 2800 rpm barely. Code P1311 and a pending P0310.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

That could be in the ION module but with the severe power loss, have you checked the fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

No, but i can now. Be back with info.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Fuel pressure at the rail is 39 psi

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

I see, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That is pretty low, specs are 48 - 55 psi. Most likely the fuel pump but you should always start with a clean filter.

There was a campaign on them in certain states/regions, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.

But even still, that is too low in any state. Thanks

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thanks I will check the fuel filter first. Could that cause the P1311?

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

It is possible if the ION module is picking up misfires caused by the low fuel pressure but it could just be the module is bad. Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Everything I read say the pressure is in tolerance. So I will be back on this same issue if no results. Thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Or, you could do the test for the trouble code P1311 but the factory specs on the fuel pressure is 48 - 55 psi, so it's sort of hard to work around that.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

The question I had was about the 1311, now you want to charge me $5 more bucks to give me the test? I have been a user of this service a long time and always get resources needed to solve my question without up charges. No happy with that!!

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Actually that is not true. An email offer is just an offer and there are many ways to get the test in a file, like a dropbox link. Would that work for you?

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Where did you go?

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Do you still need the test for the code, even though the fuel pressure is so low?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I sent a message you didn't get, I dont see it here anyway. I have always received test and diagrams posted right in the reply message from the mech. I have worked with right here. The test is simply checking power to the ICM and checking the ground right? Key on should have 12 volt at both. I would like the test if it is more than that. I hope it is just a fuel issue. I will let you know. Thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

It is normally a little more than that.

I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/701v168zxv4117t/P1311.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Problem solved - It was the catalytic converters. Glad I didn't spend money on the fuel pump!!

Expert:  Jerry replied 5 months ago.

Good job! Glad to hear that it's fixed. Please come again, anytime, thanks