John, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant, 22 years professional experience

My 2010 range rover suspension, terrible... bumpy... so low

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: my 2010 range rover suspension
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: terrible... bumpy... so low bumpers are almost on the ground... tore all my back tires up from rubbing on fender..
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes... might be a strut
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no.. thats about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is John.

Your Range Rover has air suspension rather than the traditional shock/strut type suspension. It sounds like you have an air leak somewhere in the system or possibly failed air pump for the air suspension. Leaks are common in the air lines close to the air shocks and also in the air shocks themselves. If the pump for the air suspension can run then you can listen for the air leaks. If the pump does not run then that will have to be addressed first.

These can be complicated systems and I am happy to help you with information and diagrams as much as possible. So please let me know where you would like to go from here.