2008 suzuki forenza tensioner went bad on timing belt.

Customer Question

2008 suzuki forenza tensioner went bad on timing belt. Checked compression on all 4 cylinders and had bad compression on one. Removed everything and have the head off. How do I tell which valves are bent? What next
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** looks like the number 4 hit the piston the hardest, but you need to have all the valves replaced and the seats ground to do this properly, the only way to tll which one is bad for sure, is with a flow test, the machininsr can do this, bit to go all the way down to where you are at, its best to just have the cpmplete head rebuilt, are you planning to do this your self?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As much as I can within reason
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The 3rd plug from left had low compression
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 months ago.

to do the valves, the valves have to ground properly and seated, this riquires a special maching tool, do you have all the tools to grind the valves and seats?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nope. So is it best to replace all valves? Could this have damaged the piston?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do have a few friends that do that type of stuff. Gotta get all needed parts etc to save some cash
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 months ago.

No, it just bends the valves, it is easier to just buy a rebuilt head, it takesn specialty machines to surface the head, and grind all the seats at a proper angle, or just take the head to a machine shop and have them rebuild it, but yes, all the vakves shuld be replaced,Tim

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One more question, Had it rebuilt already. Brackets holding camshafts didn't get marked coming off. They look identical but I know that they were supposed to go back in the same spots. Is it going to hurt anything if they are mixed up even if identical? Thanks for the help