Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

HAVE A 1993 KAWASAKI MULE TURN THE KEY CLICK,CLICK, CLICK,

Customer Question

HI, HAVE A 1993 KAWASAKI MULE TURN THE KEY CLICK,CLICK, CLICK, PUT NEW BATTERY IN,,, PUT NEW STARTER MOTOR IN,,, GOOD GROUND, SANDED THE TEMANELS. STILL DOES IT CLICK,CLICK, CLICK,, NOW WHAT.
Category: Car
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Its possible that the engine is seized. When you had the starter off did you try turning the engine with a screwdriver or pry bar?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
NO, BUT WE COULD SEE THE END OF THE STARTER MOTOR SOME ONE WATCHED AS SOMONE TURN THE KEY AND THE STARTER GEARS DID NOT GO INTO THE FLYWHEEL.

If you remove the starter and apply power to it does the bendix come all the way out then? Were there any shims on the old starter that did not get removed and put on the new starter?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HI, JUST GOT BACK FROM CHECKING IT OUT SOME MORE..STARTER IS OK.HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS, NEW PLOBLEM, I TURNED THE FLY WHEEL WITH A SCUREWDRIVER AT FIRST IT DID NOT WOUNT TO MOVE, I MIGHT HAVE TRYED TO TURN IT BACKWARDS SO I TURNED IT THE CORRECT WAY AND IT SORT OF BROKE LOOSE, THAN WAS FINE.... I WENT TO STARTED IT AND IT STARTED UP RIGHT AWAY,THAUGHT I HAD IT FIXED, HA HA. I TURNED IT BACK OF AND STARTED BACK UP 6 TO 7 TIMES THEN IT STARTED TO ACT UP FUNNY , AND NOW I AM BACK TO ***** ..IT IS NOT TURNING THE FLYWHEEL ,,, STARTER DOES GO IN BUT DOES NOT TURN, I THINK THAT THE FLY IS OFF CENTER, WHAT DO YOU THINK....THANKS

I think an inspection of the bearings in the engine is needed. It sounds like you probably have some bad bearings. When it will turn does it make any squeaking or tapping noises?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I DID NOT NOTICE ANY FUNNY SOUNDS, I WILL PULL THE PLASTIC COVER OFF OF THAT SIDE AND LOOK, PROBLY NOT TILL MON. THANKS FOR NOW.

No problem. I will be standing by.