sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I'm having trouble with my alarm on a2002 range rover

Customer Question

I'm having trouble with my alarm on a2002 range rover battery died an after charging alarm goes off when I open the sort car won't start the remote does not want to function also I've done the -/+ cables put key in ignition press and hold remote buttons an I'm still having the same problems !!!! Should all doors and hood be closed for it to function
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No it won't turnover as soon as I turn the ignition on to start the alarm goes off! The battery came with the car
JA: What year is your Range Rover?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Connecting cables for 30 sec turn key in the lock 3 times on and off also tried holding remote in the ignition an pressing lock an releasing unlock 3 times
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I checked fuses too an all seems to be good
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Can you insert the key in the driver's door, turn it to unlock and see if it will disarm?