Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

1997 Daihatsu jet won't start when cold

Customer Question

1997 Daihatsu Hijet won't start when cold
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the fuel pressure tested at all to see what pressures are set with this issue this needs done.If there is lower then what is needed for pressure this causes this issue here.The fuel pressure needs to be at max for a cold start so if it is short on pressure at all this causes this fault.I have also seen faulty reading engine coolant temp sensors send false signals causing this issue as well needing replaced.

This will have to be checked into further to locate the source of the fault and then from there repaired to correct this issue.I suspect fuel pump failing or engine coolant temp sensor at fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete