Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Iam trying to replace the frut air struts on my 2008 bentley

Customer Question

Iam trying to replace the frut air struts on my 2008 bentley continental. I have removed the old strut but the new strut is around 2 inches taller and wont go in. do I need to have the strut compressed some how or do I need to disassemble the entire upper and lower arms and take the rotor off? I am also replacing the control arms uppers and lowers lowers look difficult so if any tricks that would be great
Category: Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

The new struts are they factory or are they from a aftermarket sales?

a picture Robert would be great so i can have a good view

thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was able to change the struts and upper control arms. But the bottom control arms I can't seen to get them free.The struts are arnott rebuild oemThe strut up and down light is still on along with a car with squiggly lines behind it.
I used my obd scanner but shows no faults.Do I have to reset these to get warning lights off ?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 5 months ago.

What make and model obd scanner you have ?

thanks