Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

Changed the intake and valve cover gaskets on 06 Grand

Customer Question

Changed the intake and valve cover gaskets on 06 Grand Vitara now car won't start and the fuel gauge is not moving when I turn the key to start the car. The engine turns but wont start, I checked all the connections and took pics to make sure I put everything back correctly. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors and proper fuel pressure. If you can check each on of these thing and see which one you are lacking I will see if I can help you determine the cause for why it will not start. I would also be useful if you could scan the computer system and see if there are any fault code setting. Post back with the results and we can work from there to determine what has failed here.