C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

I HAVE A 1998 RODEO ISUZU WHICH IS LEAKING WATER , I FILLED

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1998 RODEO ISUZU WHICH IS LEAKING WATER , I FILLED THE RADIATOR LAST NIGHT , DID NOT USE THE CAR AND PUT 2 LITRES IN THIS MORNING , WATER IS COMING FROM SOMEWHERE AND APPEARS TO BE DROPPING OF THE BOTTOM OF THE GEAR BOX , ANY SUGGESTIONS WHERE IT COULD BE LEAKING FROM
Category: Car
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 5 months ago.

There is a few places it can be leaking from. The best way to diagnose a leak is to get a pressure tester. You can pressurize the system to the amount the radiator cap says. Normally around 12-18 psi. You do this cold allowing you to quickly locate the leak. I suspect it is leaking from the back of the intake manifold dripping down and hitting the gear box. Here is a link to a pressure tester you can get from any auto parts store. http://www.harborfreight.com/radiator-pressure-tester-kit-69258.html This is a nicer one you can get any inexpensive one will work that they have in stock.