C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.

My rear discs on my zafira are corroded and causing

Customer Question

My rear discs on my zafira are corroded and causing squealing .the car is not yet 3year old and has only done 21,000 miles.Should this be sorted under the warranty.Front brakes have 15 per cent wear and the rear 75 per cent
Category: Car
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

If your vehicle is still under warranty it should be covered. The front brakes are actually the ones that should wear a little more than the rear. The Front brakes are the main source of braking. It is more weight in the front of the vehicles causing the front to wear down much faster than the rear. Based on the information you have provided this indicates you have a mechanical issue with the rear brake system. This can be either faulty rear brake calipers or you have an issue with the ABS brake control module. This is what controls the amount of pressure to each brake. It is a safety concern and should be fixed by the shop as soon as possible.