virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

2004 jeep grand cherokee limited 4.7 l all wheel drive -

Customer Question

2004 jeep grand cherokee limited 4.7 l all wheel drive - rear passenger window is down and won't go up I can hear a click when pressing the button but nothing else - the button I am pressing is the driver's seat master panel button the rear window button makes no sound
JA: How many miles are on the car? Other than this issue, how has the car been driving lately?
Customer: 108,400 getting to the point of needing A/C work and locating the source of a humming sound and some vibration in the front of the car kinda under the gas pedal sound kicks in about 35mph get less at 75mph also - car make groaning type of sounds when turning wheel to the left The tires are pretty worn but the front end is in pretty good shape
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The window problem - yes - the A/C is probably the evaporator core - I'd have my mechanic vac the system add some leak stop and R134a to see if that will get me thru...Doing the core is too pricey and I don't want to pull a dash board its a 16 hr repair job for pro
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: wiggling the wire bundles in my driver door and same in rear door maybe theres a fuse thats shot or a broken switch/dead motor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your jeep?
Customer: I've seen some blogs about the vibration and noise - Could be tires , CV joint, u joints ...lots of people had to keep taking their vehicle back in until the found the actual problem..I cant afford that crap..I'm thinking that the left hand turn groaning noise and steering wheel vibration would be the best sympton to check....A shot wheel bearing was also mentioned
JA: I'm the Mechanic's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So as far as the window goes we will need to test a few things, do you have a volt meter or test light?
Do u still need help with this?