Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

My car cranks but no start changed fuel pump crank sensor

Customer Question

My car cranks but no start changed fuel pump crank sensor same problem and now gives me codes p2068 p0463 dont know what else could be wrong
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery good it just turned off in the middle of the freeway
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Im sure its just something simple n yes i know couple of mechanics myself
JA: OK! The Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your car?
Customer: What do those codes mean
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Its a 2006 chrysler 300c 5.7 engine turns over if i spray start fluid it will start then quickly died out like if there was no fuel going to da motor n da pedal goes all way down
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Check the fuel pump fuse and relay. p0463 fuel level sensor circuit. p2068 fuel level sensor b. Could also be a wiring harness issue. Check for power at the fuel pump. While turning the key on, check voltage at fuel pump connector. Should have about 12 volts volts for 5 seconds at the fuel pump.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where are the censor circuits located at
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

the fuel level sensor circuits are in the same harness as the fuel pump. the fuel level sensor is built onto the fuel pump. Check the fuel pump connector and make sure there is no corrosion, make sure it is fully plugged in.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

do you hear the pump buzzing for a few seconds when you turn on the key?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its a a brand new pump it buzzes it just wont start changed the crank sensor the battery everything good
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

You need to start with the basics. Check fuel pressure at the rail. Check for spark. Check for injector pulse. Check compression. Figure out which of these you do not have and go from there.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

is there anything else I can help you with?