Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.
20625509

How in the blue blazes do i get the power steering gh

Customer Question

How in the blue blazes do i get the power steering high pressure line off of my 1994 isuzu trooper?
Category: Car
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I assume you are talking about the line that goes to the bronze large nut.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have no idea. the line appears to go through a mounting plate, on the other side of that plate is a nut after that nut is the ferrel fitting to the cooler line

The method to get the line off there is you need two wrenches. Normally we use tubing wrenches but if you are careful you can use two normal wrenches. You will be turning the wrenches away from each other.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK, I know all this. The problem is, I can't get to it. Have you seen one of these before? I mean a Isuzu Trooper. There's a bracket blocking one side and no where to get a wrench in from below.

Yes you have to remove the bracket. The bolts on the bottom of the bracket are extremely hard to get to but once you remove the air conditioning compressor they are much easier to get to.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK, thanks. This is going nowhere. The compressor is actually on the other side of the motor, nowhere near this line. Thank you but I'll figure it out.

Yeah sorry wish I had pictures but this year does not have anything in my database. I am going off the last trooper I did but they do tend to change from year to year so even know it was a little newer I was hoping they would be the same.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 6 months ago.

Is this what it looks like?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have already fixed it
Expert:  Mike S. replied 6 months ago.

ok