Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

2007 quattroporte one key starts, locks & unlocks car, other

Customer Question

2007 quattroporte one key starts, locks & unlocks car, other key locks & unlocks but it wont start car and I get alarm malfunction
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here it sounds like the second key that will not start the car has an internal electrical fault causing the no start and needs replaced.I have seen the keys fail before in the past needing replaced for issues like this here.I would have the key replaced to see if it corrects this fault here as it should,A dealer usually has to obtain the key for you and may need to program it as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete