Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2004 land rover range rover hse, and I got my key

Customer Question

hi, I have a 2004 land rover range rover hse, and I got my key batter change from locksmith, but it still don't let me unlock with the unlock button,when I use my key to unlock the driver door the alarm goes off and it wouldn't let me unlock other doors or turn my key in the switch
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: its in park but how will I know if it has a wheel lock or not
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes maam if I can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took the battery cables off already I took my battery to autozne to fully charge it, I took out the colum switch fuse and still nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your land rover?
Customer: i was thinking maybe my key need to be reprogram
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

It sounds like the key does need reprogrammed to your vehicle.This has to be done by a dealer in most all cases and the dealer will need to double check that the key will work on your model here.If it will they should be able to program it for your vehicle.They will usually charge around an hours labor for this in most cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete